NVXL is Hiring
JOIN US IN OUR MISSION TO ADVANCE HUMANITY WITH INNOVATIVE NON-VOLATILE STORAGE AND ACCELERATION THROUGH TECHNOLOGY.
In addition to the positions below, WE ARE currently SEEKING RTL ENGINEERS, DEEP LEARNING & COMPUTE ACCELERATION DEVELOPERS, FPGA & ASIC ENGINEERS AND NETWORK PROGRAMMERS.
Senior Software Engineer
Silicon Valley, CA
We are looking for a Sr. Sw Engineer or PhD in Computer Science or related field with the following qualificaitons:
- Experience in developing commercial quality software
- Experience with at least one deep learning frameworks internals
- Programming skills in C++ and Python
- Experience with distributed systems, multi-threaded code, OpenCL/CUDA preferred
Apache Spark Engineer
Silicon Valley, CA
We are seeking an experienced Apache Spark Engineer with hands-on experience with usage and sound knowledge of internals. The engineer is expected to analyze and improve Apache Spark performance using off-load acceleration (such as GPUs and FPGAs). They should have really strong knowledge in Spark optimization including modifying Spark libraries such as BLAS, MLLIB, SQL, and Graph for tuning.
In this role, you will:
- Have engineering ability to brainstorm and implement Apache Spark-based solution with a team
- Setup and run a distributed Spark cluster for specific benchmarks and workloads
- Write Spark workloads or run benchmark workloads and profile performance.
- Use off-load acceleration libraries such as cBLAS with GPUs and profile.
- Use off-load OpenCL acceleration libraries developed by team, integrate with Spark, and profile.
- Work with teams local and remote to develop products.
Required credentials and skills:
Min: Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Math, Electrical/Electronics or related fields
Seven years experience in programming and engineering, particularly in open source such as Apache Spark
C, Scala, scripting, debugging skills
OpenCL and/or CUDA (preferable)
Basic knowledge of GPU and FPGA acceleration
Senior Architect & FPGA/RTL Designer, Computer Vision and Image Proc
Silicon Valley, CA
We are seeking a technical lead and architect/designer for solving computer vision problems on FPGAs/ASICs. The candidate would own a performance-critical problem such as video transcoding or image transformation and creates hands-on FPGA and ASIC-based solutions that may even involve sourcing third-party IPs and custom modules. He/she should have sharp design skills, technical leadership ability, and knows how to deliver complex solutions in expedient manner creatively. Teamwork and positive thinking must be key attributes for this position.
- Technical leadership in video transcoding and image transformation
- Strong Verilog and hardware design skills particularly on FPGAs and ASICs
- Strong analytical skills, ability to model performance and architect for performance
- Hands-on ability to own a problem end2end, architect a solution, and implement it
- Ability to research, evaluate, select, and deploy 3rd party IPs to complement the full solution
- Validation/testing skills for testing self-authored code
- Strong communication (verbal, written) to work with partners and team members
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering. MS or PhD degree desirable
- 10+ years of experience in ASIC/FPGA design and architecture
- Proven technical leadership
- Proven experience in video transcoding, image transformation, video analytics, or computer vision
- Knowledge of deep learning and image recognition systems
- OpenCL kernel programming experience or knowledge (with GPUs or FPGAs)
- Hands-on experience with Python, Scala etc.
- Knowledge of frameworks like Caffe and FFMPeg - and their GPU or FPGA offload libraries