NVXL is Hiring
Join us in our mission to advance humanity with innovative non-volatile storage and acceleration through technology.
In addition to the positions below, we are currently seeking RTL Engineers, Deep Learning & Compute Acceleration Developers, FPGA & ASIC Engineers, and Networks Programmers.
NVXL Technology is a funded start-up with world-class investors, partners, and customers seeking a VP of Software Engineering to contribute to, build, and lead a team to focus on heterogeneous computing and FPGA acceleration. We’ve just closed a $20MM Series A investment and are scaling up to take our product to market. Our architecture is proven with a release of our full stack and we now need a leader to take the vision to the next step.
The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. from a top school, a strong track record of related experience, an entrepreneurial spirit, and will bring many of the following qualifications:
- Hands-on large-scale software development in C/C++/Python
- Computer architecture and instruction set acceleration techniques
- Hardware design and verification flows for FPGAs and ICs, including Verilog/SystemVerilog and high-level synthesis flows
- Massively distributed systems
- Working knowledge of NNs, CNNs, and RNNs
- Working knowledge of architectural considerations guiding software and hardware executing ML/DL workloads
- Team development and management experience
- Software engineering and agile methods
- Excellent presentation skills
- MBA with a minimum of 10 years of relevant product management and leadership experience
- Proven track record to develop and launch innovative products
We offer a competitive salary and equity plus a chance to make a difference as part of our leadership team.
VP Software Engineering - Machine Learning & Orchestration
NVXL Technology is a stealth-mode start-up based in the San Francisco Bay Area developing a revolutionary compute acceleration platform enabling deep learning and machine learning for the data centers. We have assembled some of the smartest people in the industry and are growing the team. We are looking for a talented compiler specialist to work on deep learning acceleration.
As an expert in the compilers, you will need to work on next-generation acceleration in XLA and NNVM using LLVM, and in Python.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science or similar (BS + 8 years, MS + 6 years, PhD + 2 years)
- Strong background in compilers and data structures
- Strong C/C++ and Python object-oriented programming skills
- Experience in a variety of compilation techniques, including dataflow analysis and optimizations
- TensorFlow experience (1+ years), including XLA (desirable)
- LLVM experience
- Multi-threaded, parallel programming and runtime systems
Senior Software Engineer
We are seeking a technical lead and architect/designer for solving computer vision problems on FPGAs/ASICs. The candidate would own a performance-critical problem such as deep learning and machine learning, and create hands-on FPGA and ASIC-based solutions that may even involve sourcing third-party IPs and custom modules.
This role requires sharp design skills, technical leadership ability, and knowing how to deliver complex solutions in an expedient manner, creatively. Teamwork and positive thinking are key attributes for this position.
- Technical leadership in deep learning and machine learning
- Strong Verilog and hardware design skills particularly on FPGAs and ASICs
- Performance modeling and simulation
- Strong analytical skills, ability to model performance and architect for performance
- Hands-on ability to own a problem end2end, architect a solution and implement it
- Ability to research, evaluate, select, and deploy third-party IPs to complement the full solution
- Validation/testing skills for testing self-authored code
- Strong communication (verbal, written) to work with partners and team members
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering. MS or Ph.D. degree desirable
- 10+ years of experience in ASIC/FPGA design and architecture
- Proven technical leadership
- Proven experience in deep learning, machine learning, and big data analytics
- Knowledge of frameworks like Caffe and TensorFlow - and their GPU or FPGA offload libraries
- OpenCL kernel programming experience or knowledge (with GPUs or FPGAs)
- Hands-on experience with Python, Scala, etc., programming languages
FPGA/RTL Design, Deep Learning, & Machine Learning
Senior Hardware Engineer
NVXL is seeking a Senior Hardware Engineer who wants to get involved with a fast-paced and dynamic company. In this role, you will be responsible for technical aspects of the product development cycle, including design, implementation, testing and validation, and release to manufacturing.
- Responsible for the design of high-performance circuit boards and digital subsystems that will utilize the latest technology in the areas of FPGAs, high-speed memory, high-efficiency DC/DC power supplies, switch fabrics, and networking
- Demonstrate best-practice design methodologies to achieve high-performance designs
- Work to find the optimal implementation that meets product requirements and results in a high-quality product
- Author functional specifications
- Lead the design review process, document the results, and execute the changes
- Supervise PCB layout, fabrication, and board assembly
- Perform bring-up, EVT, and DVT testing
- Work and interface with other engineering groups in order to perform board- and system-level bring up and integration
- Manage and align vendors and CMs with development timeline
- Produce and archive all necessary documentation for the design to ensure manufacturability and ongoing technical support and customer support
Qualifications and Experience:
- MSEE with 5+ years of relevant experience, or BSEE with 8+ years of relevant experience
- Proven track record of developing PCB boards and/or systems throughout product cycle
- Experience designing PCIe/NVMe or equivalent style boards
- Design and test experience of high-speed digital interfaces (PCIe, 10GbE, SGMII) and DDR memory interfaces, as well as low-speed interfaces such as I2C, SMBus, and JTAG
- Experience designing boards with high-performance FPGAs
- Experienced in power supply design and power integrity optimization
- Strong working knowledge of best practices for PCB layout and fabrication
- Familiarity with thermal solutions for boards and systems
- Hands-on experience using test equipment such as oscilloscopes, protocol analyzers, spectrum analyzers, packet traffic generators, etc.
- Positive team player with excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Expert use of schematic capture tools; familiarity with DxDesigner and PADS flow
High-speed signal integrity simulation and analysis tool experience
We are looking for a leader to market our company with a high-level of creativity.
We are seeking an experienced Marketing Director to increase company and brand awareness within a startup environment. This leadership role plays a key part in driving awareness of NVXL and its products and supporting business growth through marketing programs and marketing communication activities. This position is ideal for someone fascinated by the rapidly-evolving, deep learning/machine learning space with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop marketing strategy and leverage product launches to drive revenue growth, demand, and awareness.
- Lead NVXL’s messaging process to ensure our corporate messages are relevant, consistent, and differentiated.
- Craft a strong employer brand to attract top talent.
- Execute and optimize marketing programs including demand generation email campaigns, webinars, sponsorships, and trade shows and events to support business objectives.
- Develop web content strategy, create or commission written content, and provide direction to creative agencies.
- Develop and execute press and analyst strategy, including conducting outreach and writing articles and press releases.
- Drive online presence, including website and social media strategies.
- Build, manage, and coach a high-performing marketing team.
- Define and execute internal communication vehicles for employees.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 7+ years experience as a Marketing Director
- Demonstrated experience managing web & social media marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with product lifecycle and development process
- Expertise in Microsoft and Adobe applications (Word, Photoshop, Excel, etc.)
- Excellent cross-functional management and leadership skills
- Strong technical aptitude with knowledge in compute acceleration technologies
- Proficiency in influencing and negotiating at an executive level
- Strong bias for action and an intrinsic ability to deal with ambiguity
- Highly flexible and adaptive; able to multitask across a number of simultaneous projects; creative; out-of-the-box thinker
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience and ability to present to executive teams
- Experience managing vendor relationships
- Strong negotiation skills for SOW and contracts with vendors
We are seeking a web developer - full stack with a focus on web front-end development to join our team!
Primary Job Requirements:
- A minimum of 10 years of solid full stack web development experience. Experience in GUI full stack web development is a big plus and strongly preferred.
- Primary current requirement is front-end web development; however, the position does offer the right candidate some flexibility to move and fit in the full stack (back-end specifically).
- Front-end web experience - 70% / Back-end web development experience - 30%.
- Ability to solve any issues in the front-end and able to step back and understand the problem and single-handedly be able to provide creative solutions.
- Expert and solid experience in React JS, Redux, HTML5, CSS, and Bootstrap.
- Hands-on experience with React time series charts, D3 charts, and High charts is required.
- Experience in creating innovative pie charts, tables, and dashboards with card layout is desirable.
- Experience developing enterprise GUIs is highly preferred.
- Expert in Python is preferred; however, a reasonable Python understanding is negotiable.
- Flask server framework, Django experience is desirable.
- Experience with GUI localization implementation is strongly preferred. Support of Chinese language is an immediate requirement.
- Previous experience in web development or other related fields.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Web Developer - Full Stack - Frontend Development
We are seeking a web developer for full stack with a focus on web back-end development/architect.
Primary Job requirements:
- A minimum of 8 years of solid full stack web development experience. Experience in GUI full stack web development is a big plus and strongly preferred.
- Solid back-end web development experience.
- Solid experience with the use of Python, Unix shell, and shell scripting.
- Modern frameworks such as Flask, Ruby on Rails, and Django framework (one or more is preferable).
- Experience in Operational system is a plus.
- Machine learning experience is a plus.
- Experience working with servers is a plus.
- Experience architecting web GUI products.
- Should be able to guide other members of the web development team with innovative and creative ideas and meet milestones.
- Experience with GUI localization implementation is highly preferable. Support of Chinese language is an immediate requirement.
Additional Job requirements:
- Experience working in startup environments.
- Ability to handle stressful, tight milestones.
- Team player with a welcoming, positive, and optimistic attitude in finding solutions for complex problems.
- Passion, high energy, enthusiasm, and a calm attitude towards work is a must.
Web Developer - Full Stack - Backend Development / Architect